V. (Vicky) Ariyanti
Vicky Ariyanti (1981) is a PhD candidate at the Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
In her dissertation - under supervision of prof.dr. Jurian Edelenbos and dr. Peter Scholten, IHS - she investigates the influence of cultural ecological knowledge in water resources management. She focuses her study on the case of volcanic river basin in Yogyakarta Special Region, Indonesia.
The knowledge in managing natural resource management, especially water and its related resources from the cultural perspective evolved with the process of understanding values and meanings behind communities’ actions. Meanwhile, the current approach on water resources management bases its foundation in technical and engineering solutions. It is her interest to work on social and cultural aspects of water management as an added value of her research. Ariyanti aims to incorporate this aspect of knowledge into the current approach of integrated water resources management.
Prior to her PhD trajectory, she works as government officer at the Ministry of Public Works and Housing in Indonesia. Her background in policy making decisions processes and technical planner gives her a special standpoint as a researcher. She is awarded LPDP scholarship from the Indonesian Ministry of Finance to pursue her PhD starting 2015. As a planner, her academic backgrounds are M.Sc in urban studies (2008) and M.Eng in urban planning (2011). She also has a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (2004).
- V. Ariyanti (2012). STARK – Sinergi Tata Air dan Ruang Kawasan. In Seminar Nasional Cities 2012. Surabaya: Planning Dept. Sepuluh November Institute of Technology
- V. Ariyanti (2012). i-SDS (integrated Semarang Development Strategy). In Seminar Nasional Membangun City Branding Kota Semarang. Semarang: Planning Dept. Diponegoro University Press
- V. Ariyanti (2010). Green Slum Upgrading Initiative. In Seminar Nasional PUSPERKIM 2010. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press
Book Contributions (2)
- V. Ariyanti (2014). Jazz, Blues and Salsa. Study Cases of Urban Identities Recognition using The Approach of Musical Notation Methapor. In A. Bergmann (Ed.), Music-City. Sport-City. Leisure-City. Norderstedt: GRIN Verlag GmbH
- V. Ariyanti (2008). Understanding Urban Sprawl in Accra, Ghana. In W. Chris (Ed.), Bauhaus Yearbook Model Projects 2007/2008. Weimar: Bauhaus University
Professional Publications (9)
- V. Ariyanti, A.A. Wicaksono, T.B. Adji & A. Anung (2016). The Use Of Cultural Ecological Knowledge, The Pranata Mangsa As Comparative Tool For Shifted Seasonal Pattern In Sermo Dam Operation, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In Appropriate Technology to Ensure Proper Development, Operation and Maintenance of Dams in Developing Countries. Johanesburg: SANCOLD
- V. Ariyanti, R. Sjamsinarsi & A.A. Wicaksono (2015). ). The Sermo Dam Experience, Indonesia Community Development as Key Success for Dam Project Implementation and Operation. In Symposium Hydropower'15. Stavanger: NCOLD
- K. Rahayu, B. Wiriawan & V. Ariyanti (2014). The Relationship Between Polycentropodidae Larva (Trichoptera) Abundance and Characteristic Sediment in Sempor Reservoir, Kebumen, Central Java. In Dams in Global Environmental Challenges. Bali: INACOLD
- V. Ariyanti, N. Wirawan & K. Murtiningrum (2014). Underground Stream and Doline Water Harvesting for Gunungkidul Regency. In 22nd International Congress on Irrigation and Drainage. Gwangju: ICID
- V. Ariyanti & A.A. Wicaksono (2013). Flood Resiliency Strategy, Case Study of Kampung Ratmakan, Code Riverside Settlement. In 4th International Seminar of HATHI. Yogyakarta: HATHI
- V. Ariyanti, R. Tiamono & K. Murtiningrum (2013). Value of A Dam, Sempor Resevoir, Kebumen, Central Java. In Seminar Nasional Bendungan Besar. Batam: INACOLD
- V. Ariyanti, F. Adicondro & A.A. Wicaksono (2013). Scenarios Of Sediment Control Solution, Case Study: Mrica Reservoir, Banjarnegara, Central Java, Indonesia. International Symposium. In Symposium, Changing Times: Infrastructure Development to Infrastructure Management. Seattle: USSD
- V. Ariyanti, F. Adicondro & M. Syamsudin (2012). Garung Dam on Menjer Lake, Planned to Last 650 Year. 2012. In DAMS FOR A CHANGING WORLD, Need for Knowledge Transfer across the Generations & the World. Kyoto: JCOLD
- V. Ariyanti, K. Rahayu & A. Anjar (2012). Perlu Dikajinya Nilai-Nilai Kearifan Lokal Berkaitan Pengelolaan Sumber Daya Air. In PIT HATHI XXIX. Bandung: HATHI
Semi Scientific Publications
- A.A. Wicaksono & V. Ariyanti (2013). Jelajah Arsitektur Dunia Griya Kreasi. Jakarta: Griya Kreasi
Office: Mandeville Building, T14
Burg. Oudlaan 50
3062 PA Rotterdam
3000 DR Rotterdam