Register for the PhD peer-to-peer programme, and welcome new PhD colleagues
New PhD candidates can request a PhD peer. A PhD peer is a more experienced PhD candidate who will help you through the first stage of your PhD. For three consecutive months they give you advice about support services, life as a PhD, and much more.
The benefits of having a PhD peer
- A point of contact for at least three consecutive months
- Works at the same faculty and is familiar with the specific procedures
- Is experienced with the opportunities and pitfalls of a doctoral trajectory
Return the favour. Become a PhD peer!
Once you are settled in and have gained some experience, you can also return the favour and register to become a PhD peer. To help you fulfil your role as a peer, we offer:
- Free workshop in cross cultural awareness and communication
- A recommendation letter by the Graduate School Dean
- An annually PhD peer diner with a special guest
- Annually 25 book coupons will be allotted among the peers