Call for Fudan University Development Institute visiting scholar programme
The programme allows scholars to conduct independent research from 30 to 90 days at one of China's top universities. Researchers from the following fields can apply: political science, sociology, economics, environment, finance, and other fields of the social sciences. Fudan is one of the top 3 universities in China.
- Applicant must be or under 55 years of age.
- Applicant should hold a faculty position at a recognized university or be a regular member at an established research institute outside Mainland China. Experts and elites from other industries who are capable of conducting independent research would also be welcome to apply for the programme.
- Research interest could be one of the following fields: political science, sociology, economics, environment, finance, and other fields of social sciences.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose research is policy-oriented.
- Visiting Scholars are responsible for conducting their own research independently on the topics related to one of the themes below:
The Belt and Road Initiative （Applicant who applies to conduct research under this theme should have received a doctoral degree）
- All Visiting Scholars are required to submit a final report on the outcome of their research.
- Visiting Scholars are required to work during office hours at the FDDI office for at least 2 days per week. During this period, Visiting Scholars will meet with scholars, staff or students who have made an appointment with them.
- Visiting scholars should make at least one presentation on his/her research topic.
- Visiting Scholars are required to provide at least 1 article on China studies for FDDI publications. They could either submit works of their own or recommend qualified articles from others.
The programme will provide a one-off subsidy of ￥20600.00 RMB, including ￥10000.00 for accommodation, ￥5000.00 for international transportation, ￥5000.00 for living expenses and ￥600.00 RMB for insurance.
- May 30th 2017 for Autumn Semester (September – December, 2017)
- Nov. 30th 2017 for Spring Semester (March – June, 2018)
- May 30th 2018 for Autumn Semester (September – December, 2018)
Contact the programme manager for more information
Ms. JIAO Luxi
Fudan Development Institute