Learning and doing research online: benefit from our courses!
Learning and doing research online can be of great value to PhD candidates when possibilities to travel and attend events offline are limited. Such restrictions are obviously present during the Corona pandemic, but many other factors can also make it more practical or even necessary to learn and do research online.
This is why we at the EGSH have initiated some Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) some years ago. Recently, we also looked into our current offer of courses to see if/how we can pay more attention to doing research online. We recommend the following courses about general issues with regard to conducting and managing online research:
- Brush up your research design
- How to finish your PhD in time
- Making your research proposal work for you
- Mixed method research: How to combine diverse quantitative and qualitative methods
The following courses pay attention to more specific online techniques and approaches:
- Making an academic poster that stands out
- Qualitative interview techniques
- Self-presentation: Focus, structure, interaction and visualisation
- Shut up and write!
- The focus group method