Report on the first PhD Alumni Dialogue of 26.01.2021
On Tuesday 27 January 2021 we had our first of three PhD Alumni Dialogue sessions, a series conducted in cooperation with the EUR Alumni Relations team.
The session was moderated by our dean, prof.dr. Liesbet van Zoonen and comprised a mix of a workshop led by career coach Marion Miezenbeek, followed by a dialogue with a panel of alumni from Social Sciences and the Humanities. We were honoured to have dr. Taslim Alade, dr. Nadine van Engen and dr. Frank Weij take a seat in the alumni panel and 13 PhD candidates to participate.
The focus of both the workshop and the alumni dialogue was on a career path after a doctoral degree in Social Sciences and the Humanities.
Participants gained knowledge on how to identify their transferrable skills, how to use these to their advantage outside of academia and were able to learn from the experience of the alumni.
Interested in joining? We have two more sessions to come:
PhD Alumni Dialogue 2 - Wednesday 17 March 10.00 – 12.30 hrs
PhD Alumni Dialogue 3 - Monday 10 May 14.30 – 17.00 hrs
Please register* here by selecting the correct date from the dropdown menu.
*PhD candidates from the following faculties at Erasmus University are welcome to join one of these sessions:
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC)
- Erasmus School of Philosophy (ESPhil)
- International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in The Hague
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM)
- Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS)
- The Dutch Research Institute For Transitions (DRIFT)