In the academic year 2021-2022 this course will take place online.
January 27 (Thursday) 2022
This workshop provides an introduction to a number of statistical analyses with SPSS, one of the worldwide most popular statistical software packages. The workshop is based on a hands-on approach and includes concrete and practical exercises.
After completing the workshop, participants will know:
- How a number of popular statistical analyses can be conducted with SPSS (including descriptive analysis, bivariate analysis, regression analysis, factor analysis, and cluster analysis).
- How to interpret the output of those analyses.
- How to report the results of the analyses.
People with no or hardly any knowledge of / skills in doing statistical analysis with SPSS.
- You'll need the latest version of SPSS. You can install SPSS for free on an EUR laptop. You will need to pay for a license (12,75 Euro) if you use a private laptop. More information about installing SPSS on a private laptop (or PC) can be found here: https://my.eur.nl/en/eur-employee/services/spss. Please inform the instructor as soon as possible if you have any questions or problems regarding the installation of SPSS.
- The instructor will offer data to do exercises on during the workshop. It is also possible to bring a dataset of your own.
Dr. Fadi Hirzalla is the Graduate School senior lecturer and methodology consultant. He specialises in quantitative and qualitative methods and methodology, next to his substantive interests in citizenship and new media, with a particular focus on intercultural relations and young people. Prior to joining the Graduate School, he worked at the University of Amsterdam and Utrecht University.