You can look into our offer of courses and workshops in the academic year 2020-2021 in the following ways:
- On the left you find a list of all our courses in alphabetical order.
- Below you can find the courses already somewhat categorized based on what they are primarily about.
- You can download our PhD course guide brochure for 2020-2021 here.
Please note that, on the course pages, you will be able to fill out a notifcation form if a course is already full or if you missed an enrolment deadline. We will then notify you if you can take the place of someone who cancelled his or her attendance or when the course will be offered again another time.
Qualitative data collection and/or analysis:
- Discourse analysis
- Participatory Action Research
- Qualitative coding with ATLAS.ti
- Qualitative data analysis with Grounded Theory
- Qualitative interview techniques
- The focus group method
Quantitative methods / big data:
- Brush up your SPSS skills
- Data analysis with R
- Digital research methods for textual data
- Geographical Information Systems
- Large-scale register data for quantitative social research
- Multilevel modelling 1: an introduction
- Multilevel modelling 2: multilevel structural equation modelling (SEM)
- Survey design
Mixing / regarding both qualitative and quantitative methods:
- Brush up your research design
- Mixed method research: How to combine diverse quantitative and qualitative methods
- Qualitative comparative analysis (QCA)
Analysis of literature:
- Doing the (systematic) literature review
- Searching and managing your literature
- Visual exploration of scientific literature with VOSviewer
- Communicating your research: lessons from Bitescience
- How to finish your PhD in time
- How to get your article published
- Making an academic poster that stands out
- Making your research proposal work for you
- Professionalism and integrity in research
- Responsible research data management (RDM)
- Self-presentation: Focus, structure, interaction and visualisation
- Shut up and write!