Upon enrolment you are expected to attend all sessions. If you wish to cancel your enrolment, fill in the cancellation form within the deadline. Cancellations via email are not valid.
If you miss a session or cancel after the cancellation deadline, you will:
- be fined an administrative fee
- receive no course certificate
- receive no ECTS credits
Course enrolment is free for PhD candidates with a doctoral supervisor (Dutch: 'promotor') of any of the Graduate School faculties and institutes:
- Dutch Research Institute for Transitions (DRIFT)
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC)
- Erasmus School of Philosophy (ESPhil)
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS)
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM)
- International Institute of Social Studies (ISS)
This includes 'external' PhD candidates (Dutch: buitenpromovendi) and self-funded PhD candidates, but only if the thesis will be defended at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
If you only have a daily advisor (Dutch: 'co-promotor') of any of above mentioned faculties and institutes, you will have to pay the non-member fee.
If you are a non-member (i.e. not a PhD candidate at any of the below listed departments/institutes) you will have to check the 'non-member' box in the enrolment form and pay the full course fee to confirm your enrolment.
In order to confirm your enrolment, the payment will have to be completed 10 working days in advance of the first session.
The course fee can be paid via iDeal, PayPal, credit card (Visa / MasterCard only) or by invoice. Please specify your preferred method of payment in the comment section of the enrolment form.
In order to cancel your enrolment you must fill in the cancellation form within the cancellation deadline. Cancellations via email are not valid
The cancellation deadline is 10 working days before the first course session. You will receive a fee if you did not cancel properly.
€ 100,-- administrative fee by invoice:
- If you cancel your enrolment after the 10 working days deadline.
€ 200,-- administrative fee by invoice:
- If you cancel your enrolment within 5 working days before the first course session.
- If you registered and did not cancel, but also did not attend the course sufficiently according to the lecturer.
Please note that non-members of the EGSH will not receive reimbursement of the course fee.
Participants can receive a course certificate and ECTS credits for succesully completing a course if:
- They complete the course sufficiently in the opinion of the lecturer.
- They register correctly and if necessary paid the course fee.
- They complete the feedback form after the course (this will be sent to participants via email).
The Graduate School has the right to cancel a course or workshop in the following instances:
- If the minimum number of participants of five is not met, or;
- Force majeure.
If the minimum number of enrolments is not met registered participants will be notified no later than 10 working days before the start of the first course or workshop session. In case of force majeure, a notice of the occurrence shall be given as soon as is reasonably possible.
The Graduate School shall make reasonable efforts to reschedule the course or workshop at a date which is suitable for most registered participants.
Transferred course fees will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
The Graduate School shall not be liable for any direct or indirect expenditures caused by such modification or cancellation of the course or workshop, such as travel and lodging expenses.